Composite decking is a great product for both commercial and residential homes. It’s durable, long-lasting, low maintenance, and easy to install. Which one is the best? Let us explore some of the most popular choices out there.
The “best composite decking 2022” is a type of material that has been used for many years. It is made up of a few different materials and can be found in both residential and commercial areas. The best composite decking will last for many years to come.
Homeowners are spending more time in their backyards as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak. A deck is the ideal way to enjoy their backyard, and a deck expansion is one of the best projects for upgrading your home’s backyard. A deck project may add value to your property in addition to providing more space. A composite deck expansion recovered 63.2 percent of project expenses, according to the 2021 Cost vs. Value Report.
While this is thrilling, keep in mind that not all deck projects are made equal. We’ll look at the top three composite decking options available today. The table below highlights the most essential composite decking characteristics and offers recommendations for the best composite decking solutions available.
Features of the Best Composite Decking
Over typical wood decking, composite decking has a number of advantages. The following are a few of the most notable:
- Low maintenance – composites are constructed from a range of weather-resistant materials that may retain their functional advantages with little upkeep. To keep debris and filth at bay, you’ll need to know how to clean your composite deck on a regular basis.
- Durability — Composite decks are usually backed by a 25-year limited warranty.
- Composite decks may be made in a variety of shapes and colors to match the aesthetic preferences of each homeowner, since they are made from a blend of natural and synthetic components.
While composite decking may be made from a variety of materials, including PVC and pure plastic, the best choice for ensuring all of the aforementioned characteristics is a composite that combines wood fibers with a polyethylene or polypropylene film.
With that in mind, the following list examines some of the most well-known names in the composite decking industry.
The Top Composite Decking Manufacturers
Cost, simplicity of installation, upkeep, and durability are just a few of the variables to consider when selecting the finest composite decking brand. Let’s take a look at some of the most well-known composite decking brands and see how they compare.
Trex is a well-known manufacturer of composite decking. One of its main selling advantages is the Trex® Hidden Fastener system, which makes it simple to position decking boards uniformly in a DIY project.
The fasteners are more costly than merely crewing the boards to the deck joists, but they are stainless steel and will last a long time. They are entirely undetectable from the surface, resulting in a flawlessly smooth deck.
Trex® composite decking also has the following advantages:
- Trex® decks are produced from recycled plastic (polyethylene) bags and discarded wood fibers, making them environmentally friendly. After that, the waste materials are compacted and molded together to form a solid, weather-resistant board.
- Trex® composite decking is backed by a 25-year limited warranty that ensures the planks will not fade or discolor.
- Trex® planks will not split or chip like wood planks, providing long-lasting attractiveness. They’re also not as slick as boards made entirely of plastic.
While there are several advantages to Trex® composite planks, it is also important to note the following disadvantages:
- Cost – although minimal maintenance and replacement expenses will likely recover most of your investment, the initial investment in Trex® decking may prompt some consumers to opt for wood or lower-quality composites instead.
- Although the advantages of the concealed fastener method have previously been discussed, the increased cost may not be worth it for individuals who prefer traditional screws.
Dura-Life is another major player in the composite decking industry. Dura-Life composite decking is noted for its elegant, hardwood-like finishes, but it also has a number of additional advantages, including:
- Dura-Life systems include matching railing and stair components in addition to the deck, offering a sense of continuity and quality in your backyard.
- Durability — Dura-Life planks, like Trex®, are backed by a 25-year limited guarantee against ordinary wear, fading, and staining.
- Dura-Life is constructed of 90% recycled material, with a little amount of natural hardwood to give it a sophisticated touch, unlike Trex®, which is created entirely of recycled and waste items.
- Step-Clip is an unique clip installation device that is mounted on joists and used to clip in the decking by just stepping on it. Installation time is cut in half!
While Dura-Life is an excellent choice for composite wood planks, there are a few possible downsides to consider:
Currently popular stories
String Lights in the Backyard Without Trees: 7 Ideas
Is it possible to put a hot tub on gravel? (And Why You Should Use It)
What to Feed Backyard Squirrels
- Dura-Life offers four solid wood-grain tones and four solid landscape colors in limited designs. While this isn’t a bad selection, it’s not as extensive as most other composite brands.
- Ordering — some DIYers complain that ordering the right quantity of planks is difficult, while others have difficulties locating local merchants.
Fiberon may be the best option if you want a brand that offers one of the most diverse selections of composite decking on the market. Fiberon provides a variety of nonporous decking choices with a solid PVC outer shell and a composite wood inner to suit all budgets.
Fiberon offers a variety of extra advantages in addition to its large product selection:
- Builders may be certain that their Fiberon composite decks will last the test of time, keeping their original looks, despite the more cheap pricing alternatives.
- Fiberon provides railing, steps, and fence components to assist give your home’s outside a unified look in addition to a large choice of composite decks.
- Fiberon is a reasonably simple product to deal with, making it a good choice for DIY deck constructions.
On the other hand, there are a few things to consider while selecting Fiberon:
- Limited sizes – despite the huge diversity of styles and price ranges, finding all of these different goods in the suitable measurements might be challenging.
- Fiberon decking may scrape a little easier than other composite materials in the face of hard usage, despite the typically minimal care needs for the price range.
Final Thoughts on the Best Composite Decking
In general, composite decking has many benefits over wood decking, including reduced maintenance, less porosity, and simplicity of installation for DIY projects. It’s an excellent choice for a ground-level deck since it won’t cup or warp like wood.
When looking for composite decking, look for options that have recycled wood fibers that are linked together with polyethylene or polypropylene film.
While there are numerous brands on the market, Trex®, Dura-Life, and Fiberon are three of the top composite decking companies to think about for your next project.
Fiberon composite decking is a type of composite material that is made from fiberglass and resin. It has a high strength-to-weight ratio, which makes it ideal for use in decks. Reference: fiberon composite decking.
- best composite decking for full sun
- best composite decking reddit
- composite decking brands
- composite decking reviews
- best composite decking material 2021