There are two common options when it comes to looking for modern table saws, namely, the circular saw and table saw.
Circular saw is the go-to choice for many users. Used to change both the angle and height of any cut, a circular saw is easy to operate and effective.
If you have ever tried a circular saw and are searching for an excellent alternative, wait no longer, go and get a reliable table saw.
Similar to a circular saw, table saws are top options that you cannot afford to leave. Table saws are a fantastic choice when it comes to cutting straight lines with high levels of precision. They are a worthwhile investment for any skilled woodworker.
Unlike the former, table saws are easier to utilize. There’s no complicated procedure to follow when it comes to working on them. All you have to do is to set up the cut you prefer. From there, you just have to push the wood into the saw and the power tool will get the job done.
Perfect for beginners, table saws are designed to make both rips and crosscuts with comfortable and stress-free experience.
What else? The best table saw can collect up sawdust. This means they are simpler to maintain. Plus, they can make a small or large work area cleaner and conducive to productivity.
What are the best table saws you can consider in 2020 and beyond?
In this unbiased review guide, you will know different brands that can exceed your expectations. Let’s begin!
- 1 Best Portable Table Saw
- 2 Top Portable Table Saws
- 3 Best Budget Table Saw
- 4 Best Hybrid Table Saw
- 5 Best Cabinet Table Saw
Best Portable Table Saw
Portable table saws have been creating a buzz all over the market. It’s no surprise as they are relatively functional and efficient.
What separates the best portable table saws from the others is that the motors are supported by trunnions located underside of the table. What is a trunnion? How does it work? Well, a trunnion is typically made of aluminium and steel.
The best portable table saws are ideal and recommended for beginner DIYers. While it is enticing to invest in other types of table saws, a portable table saw should be on top of your shopping list.
Top Portable Table Saws
There are many best portable table saws, right? But DeWalt DW744XRS has been a dominant brand in today’s tool market. What sets it apart? Well, this portable table saw is tailored to withstand rigorous use. It can rip your wood within a few minutes. It is not only accurate but also powerful. While it is hard to balance accuracy and quality with a compact sized table saw, DeWalt DW744XRS won’t be a headache to employ.
DeWalt DW744XRS is a complete package. Aside from a rolling stand, it is available with guarding components, carbide blade, push stick, and miter gauge.
- Rip fence is as accurate as you imagine.
- It is convenient and fun to transport.
- The telescoping fence is fantastic.
- Made with a 15 amp motor, which is known for its durability.
- It is hard to rip sheets of plywood especially without support.
- Side extension slides out whenever you use the rolling stand.
A jobsite table saw should be versatile and portable packed with incredible safety features. Perhaps, you have done some research online and you’re a bit overwhelmed with the variety of choices. Worry no more! Bosch 4100-09 has come to your rescue. Produced by one of the leading manufacturers in the industry, Bosch 4100-09 is of high quality.
Developed with power and portability, this jobsite table saw is a great option for both professional woodworker and homeowner. This 10 inch table saw also offers good cut quality and precision, making your first project a big success.
- Made of a 2.5 inch dust collection port
- It weighs around 92 pounds
- It has a maximum of 25 inch rip capacity
- A good package, which includes a table saw, miter gauge, throat plate insert, a push stick, blade, and more.
- It is compatible with a wide range of blades
- the working surface is small.
- The fence might get stuck often.
Jet JBTS - 10MJS
While a heavy-duty table saw can ensure quality rip cuts, it is hard to carry when moving around your workspace. This is where a portable table saw comes into play.
It is a common misconception help by many woodworkers, that a table saw in a compact size compromises its quality performance. But it is not the case with Jet JBTS - 10MJS. It is not only made of good quality but is also lightweight. It is a flexible package you should take advantage of today.
- It is easy to assemble, making the table saw ideal for DIYers and beginners.
- Available with a strong 15 amp motor that can cut thru most woods.
- the blade speed is reliable and sought-after.
- The blade can cut thru hardwood and other types of tough materials.
- Large extension table
- Customers complain about the table top as it is not flat.
- The rip fence is complicated to keep square.
A contractor table saw is an essential tool for new or experienced carpenters. Whether you’re a beginner or a pro, the contractor table saws from Makita won’t be a disappointment. The company has been providing excellent and well-tailored tools for its valued customers for many years now.
The company's Makita 2705X1 contractor table saw is one of its bestsellers. If you are looking for a modern or cutting-edge contractor table saw, the 2705X1 from Makita will satifsy your cutting needs.
- Designed to rip a full sheet of plywood with safety features and top convenience.
- Can cut at least 4X material without compromising quality performance.
- Available with a stand that’s sturdy and heavy duty.
- It comes with a blade guard, push stick, riving blade, user’s manual, and more.
- The blade speed is good and recommended.
- The rip fences bumps out of alignment.
- The body is made up of plastic materials that are prone to cracks and other damages.
Craftsman Evolv 28461
Another powerful portable table saw is the Craftsman Evolv 28461. It is marketed as an excellent brand for DIY projects and is a product that will surely reach your requirements and needs.
As a 10 inch table saw, Craftsman Evolv is lightweight and compact. More than the size, this quality table saw is equipped with a 15 amp motor, which is a good alternative to woodworkers.
Apart from a 15 amp motor, this table saw offers a carbide blade with a good degree of load speed. Whether you have small or large material, Craftsman Evolv has you covered in its extreme versatility .
- One of the best table saws that can rip hardwood materials and large sheets.
- It provides additional stability, thanks to its stand.
- The miter gauge is fun to adjust and operate.
- Made with a smart guard system.
- The package offers a push stick, miter gauge, and other accessories.
- It is only an entry level table saw.
- Customers say that the table saw’s miter gauge is not of great quality.
Have you ever tried the 28461 table saw from Craftsman? How was the experience? If it does not go beyond your expectations, there’s another table saw from the company you should try - Craftsman 28462.
Compared to 28461, Craftsman 28462 is available with a rear out feed table that measures around 16 inches. The rpm is 5000. it weighs approximately at 76 pounds. It provides a 30 inch rip capacity, making this table saw a favorite choice for carpenters and other professionals.
- Popular for its 15 amp motor, enabling this best table saw to handle a variety of DIY projects.
- It is user-friendly, thanks to its adjustable miter gauge.
- The guard system is advanced, providing excellent blade speed/coverage and versatility.
- The table top is large enough, allowing you to work on a wide range of materials.
- The table saw is not as big as other expensive models.
- It might not reach other customers’ needs.
Best Budget Table Saw
Who doesn’t want the best budget table saw? Of course, every operator and carpenter would love one. but with the demand from the public, the best table saws generally get more expensive than expected.
Good news! There are still table saws that won’t cause a dent in your savings account. Here are some of the most cost-effective products you shouldn’t miss to buy:
It is inconvenient to use a damaged or malfunctioning table saw when you have a lot of projects to finish.
Of course, not everyone has cash to afford a higher end one. If you’re in the same situation and are searching for a heavy duty option, there’s nothing to worry about! Craftsman 9-21828 got your back. Available at a competitive rate, this table saw has been a favorite of many woodworkers because of its superb performance and 24 inch rip capacity.
- It provides around 5,000 rpm, which you would love.
- Available in compact or sleek design that you can boast to some of your close friends.
- Its wheels are built into the cabinet.
- It is equipped with a telescoping handle, which is easy to hold onto.
- With its size and handle, you can carry it from one place to another.
- The design might not suit other clients’ preferences.
Great portability? Competitive rate? Name it! Craftsman 21807 has them all. Available at a good price, Craftsman 21807 is one of the best table saws you should consider.
Developed with wheels, you can move it around your job site. It is fun to operate, helping you complete any DIY project ahead of time.
But let’s be honest. Its extreme portable and this only makes it ideal for small wood work.
Though, you shouldn't underestimate the table saw’s fence and blade guard. Although both are not as high-end as other products in this list, they are additional safety features you would enjoy.
- The table is wide.
- It is lightweight and compact.
- Instead of cast aluminium, this option is packed with a cast iron table, which can absorb more vibration.
- It does not have a 25 inch rip capacity
- Hard to assemble
- The fence is cheap
- It is hard to see the blade when you place the blade guard incorrectly.
Ryobi RTS20 is another fantastic alternative you should take into consideration.
Whether you have been using table saws from Craftsman or are eager to try something new, RTS20 from Ryobi is a great investment. It is stylish that can take your job site to the next level. There’s no need to buy another stand as it is included in the package. It might not be a perfect option if you are fond of wheels. When it comes to stability, this table saw can compete with other popular brands in the market.
- Packed with a 15 amp motor.
- Can cut a number of tough materials.
- The stand folds effortlessly for convenient transport and seamless storage.
- Extension table guarantees a maximum of 27 inch rip capacity.
- The extension provides extra material support.
- It won’t cost you an arm or a leg. It is competitively priced.
- Its portability might be a problem for some individuals.
It’s a big concern for carpenters to use a table saw that is difficult to fold. The hassles are more overwhelming when you have a job site with a limited amount of space. This is where Ryobi R450 can play a critical role.
Just like the other table saws in this list, Ryobi R4510 is a great deal for those who are planning to start any woodwork-related projects at home. More than the table saw, the package consists of anti-kickback pawls, rip fence, push stick, miter gauge, blade wrenches, stand, warranty card, and operator’s manual.
- It is easy to install. But if you don’t have prior experience; assembling this table saw would take time.
- It is fairly durable as is made of stainless steel, cast aluminium, and other special materials.
- 25 inch rip capacity
- The motor design is of low quality, leading to frequent and repetitive breakdowns.
- The lifetime warranty does not cover the table saw stand.
Probably, you have started searching for the 10 best table saws. Perhaps, you have encountered Ridgid R4510. it’s no surprise as the table saw is heavy duty featuring a 4,000 RPM, 15 amp motor.
Compared to other table saws, Ridgid R4510 offers ball bearings with a soft start feature that protects the motor from unnecessary wear and tear.
Ridgid R4510 provides features found on other brands of table saws including DEWALT, Bosch, and Makita.
The rip fence, for example, has a superb locking level that guides the workpiece. the anti-kickback pawls reduce the risk of kickback. The miter gauge, on the other hand, is another feature to expect.
- Easy to adjust. You can lower or raise the blade using the handwheel.
- The tool free blade guard assembly results in a quick installation.
- It is a versatile tool for both cross cut and ripping operations.
- Able to do basic cuts. These include cross cut, bevel miter cut, rip cut, bevel cross cut, and more.
- The motor is not a silent operator.
- It is heavier than DEWALT, Bosch, and other competing brands.
Best Hybrid Table Saw
As the name indicates, the hybrid table saw is another good choice to take into account.
the hybrid table saw generally offers cast iron tabletops with 120 volt motors. Although the cabinets are hefty steel, the trunnions are mounted to the underside of the table saw. While you cannot carry a hybrid table saw, it is easy to roll them in all corners of your job site.
Hybrid table saw is an excellent option for experienced DIYers. What makes it a favorite tool for advanced carpenters and woodworkers is that it provides more capacity and accuracy without spending unnecessary expenses.
Who says a heavy duty table saw is super-expensive? It’s not the case with Porter-Cable PCB270TS. Although it is competitively priced, this cabinet table saw has features that are similar to premium brands.
If you are in search of a decent piece of carpentry tool, this cabinet table saw might be your best option.
While it is not a Grade- A cabinet table saw, PCB270TS has incredible features. The 15 amp motor is great. The 30 inch rip capacity is accurate and neat. The tabletop area is spacious for different applications. It also consists of a built-in arbor lock that allows you to change the blade when the need arises. It can also withstand the test of time. But make sure you keep it in a perfect condition to increase its longevity and avoid expensive maintenance.
- 4 inch dust collection port. It is better than cabinet table saws with a 2 inch dust collection.
- This table saw offers a smart guard system, making it safe to use.
- When compared to other cabinet table saws, PCB270TS is of subpar quality.
- An entry level cabinet table saw.
Another cabinet table saws is the Craftsman 21833. Featuring a solid cast iron table, Craftsman 21833 has stamped steel extensions that can provide a 27x40 inch work surface.
Designed with 1-3/4 HP motor, the table saw can operate at a maximum of 220 volts. It also consists of a tilting blade, mobility kit, and aluminium fence.
Similar to other best table saws, Craftsman 21833 requires some assembly. The process will be easier if you have prior knowledge and extra tools. You can ask for assistance from a professional installer to avoid any trouble at the end of the day.
- A 10 inch table saw that can complete your carpentry kit.
- It uses a 3/4 inch x 3/8 inch t-style miter track. While some use the cast iron miter gauge in the package, you can also invest in other available products in today’s market.
- The safety system is commendable. It consists of a riving knife, anti-kickback pawls, and acrylic blade guard.
- It is hard to assemble for beginners. But you will find the process comfortable as days pass by.
Best Cabinet Table Saw
Cabinet table saws have also been increasing in popularity. Compared to other types of saw equipment, cabinets can cut thru the hardest material without hassles and problems.
Usually made off metal, cabinets extend to the floor to ensure efficient dust collection.
That’s not all! The tops are packed with cast iron. They are also stable and wide, allowing you to cut sheet goods.
Another thing that carpenters love about this table saw is that its trunnions are cabinet-mounted. As a result, you can minimize vibration while increasing accuracy. This table saw might be heavy, so, make sure to place it in the best spot of your work area.
For the past decades, the market is bombarded with cabinet table saws of different sizes, designs, and styles. For that reason, finding the right table saw isn’t an easy task. Say bye to the struggles of searching because your answer lies with Jet 708675PK. Great for various applications, this table saw best brand from the company has been well-loved by both DIYers and professionals across the globe.
The motor, on the contrary, is powerful. However, it is not as impressive as the other cabinet table saws. While it is a standard 3HP motor, it is still trustworthy and efficient. The safety system is at a satisfactory level. Although it lacks additional mechanisms, it is something you should look forward.
- The accuracy is fantastic. Thanks to its 50 inch rip fence,
- It can cut with a good level of precision.
- The roll cage base consists of cast iron and other sturdy materials.
- It comes with a 4 inch dust collection port
- The safety system makes it a good table saw to invest in.
SawStop PCS31230 is one of the best cabinet saws that hobbyists and professional carpenters enjoy. From performance to price, it has everything you need as a woodworker. Made with peace of mind, SawStop PCS31230 enables carpenters and professionals to do a range of woodwork projects with comfort. It also allows you to achieve the perfect finish for every important project.
Since it is compatible with dado sets and standard blades, it won’t be hard to look for the right replacement blades. This saves both of your time and effort in the long run.
- The safety system is present in all SawStop products including PCS31230.
- It has a dust collection port.
- It features a 36 inch T-Glide fence system that makes precision and strength possible in plenty of operations.
- Developed with a riving knife
- Many pros enjoy it because of its tilting blade.
- Vibration-free sawing. Thanks to its huge weight.
Since it has a lot of features, it is expensive when compared to other cabinet saws.
Are you a serious carpenter who dreams of taking your experience to the next level? If yes, it’s time to invest in a professional grade table saw like SawStop PCS175. Instead of a portable table saw, nothing can beat investing in a product like SawStop PCS175.
Aside from the cabinet saw, every box of SawStop PCS175 includes blade guard assembly, user manual, accessory tool holder, standard base, miter gauge, fence system, push stick, assembly hardware, blade wrenches, and even hand wheels.
- The motor is heavy duty. It can run on 110 volt power.
- People love its 4" dust collection port.
- It is sturdy as it is made of cast iron.
- Both the start and stop switch is simple to use.
- Because of its size, this table saw is difficult to assemble.
Powermatic has been one of the most well-reputed brands in producing power tools thru the years.
Its PM2000 is one of its best cabinet saws that deserve your attention and interest. its design, for instance, is awesome. it looks classy without compromising its build quality. it is available in a box-style cast iron. the bearings, on the contrary, reach the industry's highest standards.
what else? it also excels in accuracy. it's arbor can make precise cuts without a hard time. it is equipped with Accu-fence system, making cuts more accurate than you've ever thought.
- The surface is large, which is one of the right options in finishing big projects.
- Minimizes vibration level.
- Overall performance makes it worth it.
- Offers additional accessories, including a push stick, extension tables, hardware bag, and knobs.
- It features retractable wheels.
- it is costly. but it's a great investment.
Grizzly Industrial Inc is another sought-after cabinet saw company in the US and other corners of the world. Its G0651 is one of its best sellers. Flexible and long-lasting, G0651 can operate with a 3 hose power motor. As a 10 inch table saw, it features a riving knife with adjustable plates and other accessories.
What makes it a top favorite for many is that G0651 is easy to navigate and operate. There’s nothing complicated in using a G0651 from Grizzly.
While the extension table is equipped with a hard MDF, it is still prone to wear and tear. Don’t worry! There’s a great number of extension bases you can invest in.
That’s not all! The fence is durable. You can use it for years and even decades. Just make sure you keep them in good condition.
- The cuts are precise and crisp.
- It is stress-free to assemble.
- It is powerful because of its 3HP motor.
- The end of the table ride is extremely low.
- You need a large area to store a table saw like G0651.
Delta 36-L552 is probably one of the well-built cabinet table saws. It features a push-button Arbor lock, which allows you to change the blade easily.
When it comes to design, Delta 36-L552 is way ahead. It looks luxurious because of cast iron material used on its base. For additional support, there are durable legs as well.
Excellent for any woodworker, Delta 36-L552 has great controls. What else? It provides locking cams, a Biesemeyer fence, a speedometer style scales, and other accessories.
Upgraded to cut hardwoods, engineered products, melamine, and MDF, this table saw is a high-end and innovative brand you should try.
- It features a trunnion to prevent or minimize vibrations.
- Changing blade is comfortable because of the large throat plate.
- It has a Bi-level dust extraction port.
- It has a 5PHP 220 V motor.
- The legs are short.
- The extension table is small.